Monday, August 17, 2009

Angels

Once upon a time, there was a sad angel. His sadness came from the fact that he had only one wing. With only one wing, he cannot fly.

One day, he finally met an angel just like him with only one wing.

Each sympathizing with the other's loneliness, the angels couldn't stop themselves from embracing each other. And through their joy and emotion at having found one another, their wings started to beat and agitate.

And then, all of a sudden, they found that they have flown up together into the stars.

"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another." ~Luciano de Crescenzo


"What a wonderful way to conceptualize the Tango," said Man Yung, misty-eyed. "Tango is not possible without a partner. And once you are together in the embrace, you can fly."

Hmmmmmmm. Unfortunately, when I think about our dancing, how come I'm thinking more along the lines of this?:




After Dark Flying Toaster Screensaver

So, I guess Man Yung and I could be the "Angels with one Wing". But when Man Yung says "Go left", I go right; and when Man Yung says "Go forward", I'm inevitably going backwards. Perhaps we both have wings located on the same side of our bodies? Or perhaps he has one sprouting out of his back, while I have one coming out of my head? Whatever it is, we have a quite a little problem making the "flying tango" happen.

However, since Man Yung has found that he can fly with me, no matter how odd or buzzard-like our flight, he feels supremely confident in the way that any self-respecting, partner-hunting Tanguero would be.

....Confident that one day he will find an EVEN BETTER ANGEL (maybe this one will do) who will enable him to fly even better (perhaps they will produce their own Tango show about it) .

No such rabid ambitions for me! The Flying Toaster suits me just fine.

No comments:

Toronto Weather

Buenos Aires Weather

Twitter!