Man Yung and I may be doing the "Flying Toaster" (ha ha!) ... but still, we recognize a good flight when we see it. And there's nothing like a beautiful vals to spin you right into the stratosphere!
We've posted this video before, and we are posting it again. Alberto and Paulina performing at "La Corazon" milonga in New York to Donato's "La Tapera":
Different style of dancing, but flying nonetheless - Osvaldo and Coca performing at "La Baldosa" to the same vals:
In our opinion, both of these performances are simply amazing - and without an iota of cookie-cutter, "villa urquiza" tango championship rulebook conformity.
Watch them fly.
Martha's Apartment in Buenos Aires
A Non-exhaustive set of Tango links in Toronto
- La Cachila - weekly milonga
- Paradiso -- weekly milonga
- Practica El Beso
- WE Tango
- Tango Sur - classes, shows
- Rhythm and Motion - classes, milonga, practica, annual Toronto Tango Festival
- Tango Obsession - classes, weekly Practica La Coqueta
- Tango Lirico - classes, practica, weekly milonga
- Tango de Oro - classes, shows
- Tango Soul Productions - classes, weekly milonga, shows, El Congreso annual Tango Festival
- Vivatango - classes
- Tango Argentino - classes
- Club Milonga - classes, special events
- Alternatango - classes, weekly milonga
- University of Toronto Tango Club - classes, practica
- El Abrazo - classes
- Tangoloft - twice monthly milonga