The "Awesome Toronto Blogger" is actually Neil Pasricha of "1000 Awesome Things". His blog just swept the Culture/Personal Blog award categories at the Webby Awards for the actual award itself as well as "People's Voice".
Here's a random selection of some of Neil's top 1000 Awesome Things:
- #962 Being the guy on the construction crew who gets to hold the Stop sign
- #961 Yellow teeth
- #960 Strategic trick-or-treating
- #959 Planning for snoozes
- #958 Being the first person into a really crowded movie theater and getting the prime seats
- #957 The telephone
- #956 Using Rock-Paper-Scissors to settle anything
- #955 Sneezing three or more times in a row
- #954 Rain hair
- #953 When cashiers open up new check-out lanes at the grocery store
I wonder if Neil can be convinced to do a special on Toronto Tango? I'm pretty sure he'd be totally gobsmacked (well, we certainly were!) by things like:
- Mesmerizing Teacher to Student Ratios
- Intriguing Tango Cloning impulses
- The Unsolved Mystery of "Fabio"
Dear Neil: Why aim for "World Blog Domination" when you can aim for "Tango World Blog Domination"? Just think of all the lovely tango chicas who will be fawning over you in their 4-inch Comme Il Fauts!