For all you folks totally scratching your heads and wondering just how Man Yung and I got to be such "great, trend-setting tango dancers" (Or not - and I refer you to this link), it's not all about "prodigious natural gifts", "exceptionally gnarly DNA", "extensive dance/music/movement training by the venerable old master Pai Mei" or even "born to be beautiful" (even though all of the above were certainly helpful).
We are going to let you all on a little secret.
The secret to the success of Casa del Tango de Irene and Man Yung (or not) is:
We would like to share this fascinating video on Youtube which aptly encapsulates the strenuous "thought-processes", the "working-out"-edness, and the endless "striving for mutual understanding" that would be the hallmark of "Irene and Man Yung's secret technique for COMMUNICATION in tango":
Jealous? Ha! I knew you would all be.
* By the way, Man Yung and I take turns being Batman. Which means that we also take turns being the Joker. In case you were curious - Nope, I didn't get what the hell Man Yung was talking about, and vice versa.
Martha's Apartment in Buenos Aires
A Non-exhaustive set of Tango links in Toronto
- La Cachila - weekly milonga
- Paradiso -- weekly milonga
- Practica El Beso
- WE Tango
- Tango Sur - classes, shows
- Rhythm and Motion - classes, milonga, practica, annual Toronto Tango Festival
- Tango Obsession - classes, weekly Practica La Coqueta
- Tango Lirico - classes, practica, weekly milonga
- Tango de Oro - classes, shows
- Tango Soul Productions - classes, weekly milonga, shows, El Congreso annual Tango Festival
- Vivatango - classes
- Tango Argentino - classes
- Club Milonga - classes, special events
- Alternatango - classes, weekly milonga
- University of Toronto Tango Club - classes, practica
- El Abrazo - classes
- Tangoloft - twice monthly milonga