We weren't planning on mentioning the Tiananmen Square massacre anniversary this year... but then some bizarre news showed upon the internet.
Firstly, the Shanghai Stock Market fell 64.89 points today - "6", "4", "89" - the exact dates of the Tiananmen Square massacre.
Secondly, it hailed heavily in Beijing. The saying "Frost in June" in Chinese culture relates to the notion of the heavens crying due to a great injustice.
Were the numbers at the Stock Market an omen? Did the sky shed tears for the horrible injustices inflicted on the Chinese people by the corrupt Communist Party?
Is China reaching a breaking point?
Man Yung hopes that that the days of the Communist Party are numbered.
Martha's Apartment in Buenos Aires
A Non-exhaustive set of Tango links in Toronto
- La Cachila - weekly milonga
- Paradiso -- weekly milonga
- Practica El Beso
- WE Tango
- Tango Sur - classes, shows
- Rhythm and Motion - classes, milonga, practica, annual Toronto Tango Festival
- Tango Obsession - classes, weekly Practica La Coqueta
- Tango Lirico - classes, practica, weekly milonga
- Tango de Oro - classes, shows
- Tango Soul Productions - classes, weekly milonga, shows, El Congreso annual Tango Festival
- Vivatango - classes
- Tango Argentino - classes
- Club Milonga - classes, special events
- Alternatango - classes, weekly milonga
- University of Toronto Tango Club - classes, practica
- El Abrazo - classes
- Tangoloft - twice monthly milonga