We didn't travel downtown to go to a milonga yesterday. We weren't in the mood to experience any AMOK - style tango.
So what could be better than two hours of our own music, a couple of portable canvas chairs, soft radiant late-day sunshine, refreshing breeze and a little gazebo dancing all by ourselves?
And we even had a "Irene and Man Yung's Tango Blog" first: we were actually joined by a good friend of ours in our gazebo tango expedition!
It was a perfect little tango interlude - except that we should have left for dinner by 8:30 p.m. because that was when the mosquitoes started to come out.
Hope that you had a tango Sunday just as pleasant as ours.
Martha's Apartment in Buenos Aires
A Non-exhaustive set of Tango links in Toronto
- La Cachila - weekly milonga
- Paradiso -- weekly milonga
- Practica El Beso
- WE Tango
- Tango Sur - classes, shows
- Rhythm and Motion - classes, milonga, practica, annual Toronto Tango Festival
- Tango Obsession - classes, weekly Practica La Coqueta
- Tango Lirico - classes, practica, weekly milonga
- Tango de Oro - classes, shows
- Tango Soul Productions - classes, weekly milonga, shows, El Congreso annual Tango Festival
- Vivatango - classes
- Tango Argentino - classes
- Club Milonga - classes, special events
- Alternatango - classes, weekly milonga
- University of Toronto Tango Club - classes, practica
- El Abrazo - classes
- Tangoloft - twice monthly milonga